Model Rules and Expectations
By being a Model, you are volunteering to help train new and experienced Cosmetologists who work at SuperCuts® Salons in your area. Our Stylists are receiving refresher courses or learning new techniques and procedures that they will take back to their Salon to improve the cuts and coloring services that they provide there. The Training Instructor will be coaching and inspecting the quality and results of your services constantly.
As a volunteer Model you will need to conform with the following Rules and Expectations:
- Join our Mailing List to receive advanced notice of days and times for upcoming classes. You may pick and choose which sessions to attend without an RSVP. We will not provide phone calls or personal eMails to receive notice of upcoming classes where we may require Models.
- Models are needed only on specific days and times. We DO NOT give haircuts and colorings outside of these times nor do we provide haircuts and coloring at the same session.
- Be patient. Prepare to spend more time than usual for your haircut or coloring. Some haircuts may take between 30 to 60 minutes, and colorings may take more than twice the amount of time as you would normally expect in a Supercuts Salon.
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback. Some of the training involves sales techniques so your stylist may be asking you questions, or recommending products. Be prepared to give constructive criticism to the Instructor and Stylist if you are asked, or if you feel it is necessary.
- Please understand that you cannot purchase products when you are inside the Training Studio. The Studios DO not have a Cash Register, nor change. Come prepared. You MAY purchase products from the Salon if the Training Studio is located inside the Salon.
- Gratuities are gratefully accepted by the Stylists for your services, but are NOT required. If you are going to tip, do it just as if you were inside your local Salon. Tips are not necessary for your instructors. Again, Training Studios are not licensed to sell products or handle money.
- If you are going to bring children to the Studio, please make sure that you bring someone else along to watch them while you are in your session for their safety. Children should not play with the equipment or chairs, and should wait in the waiting area.
- Yes, we encourage your children to get a haircut, but we ask that they should be able to sit still in the chair for a longer than normal period of time.
- Our mailing list is controlled by YOU. There is an online subscription page where you enter your eMail address, name, gender, phone number, and your preferences of which types of services you are willing to be a Model for, such as Haircuts and/or Coloring. At the bottom of each eMail you receive, there are instructions for how you can change your profile and preferences for receiving eMails. You can easily put yourself on hold during vacations, change the type of services, update your eMail address, name, etc. Training Studio Instructors send out the mailing, but they do not have the time to update your preferences. We do not provide support for use of the Mailing list.
- Your privacy is of our utmost concern, and we take it VERY seriously. Please understand that we will NEVER sell or transfer your personal information to ANYONE, EVER. WE PROMISE!